OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Errors uninstalling OpenSync

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

joestramel
    Participant

I am attempting to update OpenSync 2.0 to the latest 2.0 version which requires uninstallation first. Working on a Windows Server 2008 r2 I receive the error:

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.”

I am able to uninstall other software packages without any issues.

Any other reports of this behavior? Solutions?

Thank you.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

No, we don’t have another report of this issue. Did you get fixed?

joestramel
    Participant

No, I have been unable to move past this so far.

joestramel
    Participant

Can you offer manual uninstallation steps? I am having no issues uninstalling other applications.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

It is just uninstall it like any other software. There is no specification to uninstall it. It seems like your computer system is corrupted.

joestramel
    Participant

I thought that might be your answer. The computer system is not corrupted as it can uninstall any other app that I have tried. It is ONLY OpenSync that is having this issue.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Did you try to repair it?

joestramel
    Participant

I was able to determine that it indeed was a local system issue. Msiexec.exe was in my system32 directory, but somehow was missing from the SysWOW directory. I copied the file from another Windows 2008 R2 server I have and was able to complete the uninstallation without issue.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I am glad that you could find that out. I knew that it was something on your OS that wasn’t right. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.