Home Forums CoreObjX / DB Error connecting to QB file, unable to authorize.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jeff9 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

jeff9
    Participant

Greetings, I just installed coreObjX 8.0 and added the reference to my vb.net project. I’m trying to connect to a QB file for the first time to authorize my app. Here’s what I have for the code:

I have a company file open in QB waiting for my app to connect. Whenever my app tries to connect I get “System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: ‘Object variable or With block variable not set'” error.

This is a Windows 10 machine running QB Pro 2016. coreObjX Diagnostics can connect to the QB file and get authorized. MSXML is validated, but when I try to validate coreObjX with the same QB file I get a popup window with “Run-time error 91” and “CoreobjX Error 429 ActiveX component can’t create object” message in the diagnostic window.

OpenSync was previously installed on this machine, and we are considering moving away from that solution to using coreObjX to interact directly with our QB files. Unfortunately I can’t get it to connect to do further testing.

Thank you for any help you can provide. Please let me know if there is any other info you need.

make sure that you are targeting 32 bit cpu. See attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

jeff9
    Participant

Thank you for your quick response! I rebuilt my app to target 32bit cpus and I’m still having the same error. Is there anything else I can try?

I’m also getting the same error when I try to “Validate coreObjX” in the Diagnostics program. I can Open a connection, begin a session and validate QB/MSXML. The only thing that fails is validating coreObjX with the same “Object variable or With block variable not set” error.

Thank you!
    Jeff

Can you make a screen video and send it to me please?

jeff9
    Participant

Here’s a screenshot of the error from Diagnostics and the exception report from my application. Thanks!

Attachments:

jeff9
    Participant

Here’s the report in PDF format.

Attachments:

Did you change the reference to the new dll version?

jeff9
    Participant

Yes, I’m using version 8.00.0007

Please give your order number, so I can email you directly.

jeff9
    Participant

This is the order # for OpenSync which we are currently using. I have the trial of CoreObjX 8 for evaluation. Hopefully we can get this fixed and I can switch to CoreObjX. Thank you for your help!

I emailed you.

gbronson
    Premium Member

If you email a solution to someone directly, how does it help anyone else here?

jeff9
    Participant

Hi Yudel, I got your message but was not available at that time. Can we set up another time to check this out?

jeff9
    Participant

Please let me know when we can reschedule the remote session.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.