OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Error code 2503

This topic contains 28 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  ted.olson 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Timothy Eloe
    Participant

Who is ‘Robert9’? How come the only posts you have here begin in October – when OpenSync has effectively died – and all your comments are “switch to LetSync”???

yudelrosales
    Participant

Hello Raymond. I think we have spoken and exchanged emails before. I have no technical access to so, either break or fix OpenSync. I rather have customers that the moving to my application because they want to, not because they have no option.
    I haven’t gotten into this forum so far because it wasn’t my call to make but since you are accusing me and trashing my reputation and company, well this is different thing. It is not my fault that you are getting no help from Synergrationand this is happening for weeks. Take your frustration and anger on them. Don’t trash my reputation here without base and unfounded comments. Words have consequences, I hope you are ready to face them.

Regards,
    Yudel Rosales

yudelrosales
    Participant

Hello everyone. Do not call 813-727-9476 for OpenSync support. That is not a Synergration phone number. They haven’t updated the contact page.
    Regards,
    Yudel Rosales

Raymond
    Participant

Folks,

I just had a nice long conversation with Yudel. Yes, he is a former employee of synergration and yes it did seem odd when I got an email from him offering his replacement product, LetSync. But he was in a very strange position.

These forums belong to synergration and they can delete any post they wish so let’s be respectful. My company has used OpenSync for over 11 years and we depend on it daily. What they did letting this program just die without any warning is terrible. Synergration sells other products so maybe they just decided this particular product was no longer viable. But they should have treated us as customers with more care. What is done is done. As business people, we just need to solve this problem and move on.

As I said, Yudel was in a strange position. He knew that many businesses depend on OpenSync and from his insider perspective he saw that synergration was not interested in supporting OpenSync and was not saying anything to their customers. So he developed a replacement solution to solve the problem.

I just bought it so I cannot say whether or not it works well but he picks up the phone and seems dedicated to his product and his professional reputation. You can each make up your own mind. I just need to solve this problem and get back to my business.

Ray

deverette
    Premium Member

There is a work around posted in the LICENSE KEY NOT FOUND thread. Look for posts from tony722 for the fix.

I was able to get openSync to run using his fix.

Thanks Tony.

yudelrosales
    Participant

Raymond, thanks for clarifying all the misunderstandings.
    Once more, do not call 813-727-9476 for OpenSync support. That is not a Synergration phone number. They haven’t updated the contact page.

Raymond
    Participant

Thanks, deverette, but I had already uninstalled and lost my saved Tasks and config file.

relder
    Participant

After reading through these comments and getting a feel for what is going on, let me share what worked for me.

After waiting over the weekend for a reply from support@synergration.com (it never came), this is what I did to fix the issue.

1. I backed up all files from c:\program files(x86\synergration and c:\programdata\opensync.
    2. I reinstalled Open Sync (I’m using 3.0.25)
    3. I copied the configuration files back into the working directories.
    This allowed me to open the program without getting the error
    4. I ran osrunner and immediately got a QuickBooks error about reauthorizing the application. i reauthorized Open Sync in QuickBooks telling it to accept the expired certificate.

From there I was able to sync both ways successfully, both through the GUI as well as the command line.
    Open Sync has apparently picked up my serial number because it tells me it is activated.

To be on the safe side, I’m adding a zone in my DNS for synergration.com pointing back to the loopback so the product cannot communicate with Synergration

Hopefully this buys enough time to come up with an alternate solution.

Rob Elder
    CB Transportation, Inc

Timothy Eloe
    Participant

Raymond – Check the following location on your computer for the OSConfig.xml file:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Synergration\OpenSync

If it’s there – it contains all your tasks

Timothy Eloe
    Participant

Do you have a copy of the 3.0.25 installer that you could make available? I’m thinking the problem started with the 3.0.31 release.

Timothy Eloe
    Participant

Good News!!! a Premium Member @tony722 has the solution. Here’s the quote from his post, including a link to download a patched set of files. THANK YOU TONY!

I need to set up a new company, so I’m not sure the command line trick will work for me.

Here is the service patch allowed me to use the Config UI, the Scheduler Service, and the Command Line without the licensing issue. So it should allow you to do what you need to to get going.
    Here’s a link to download it: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjdEtWfoaCV3a8geYX094xyhSNg?e=YB5oUa
    That said I think the road forward with Synergration is limited unless they resurrect their company. For example the application works up to Quickbooks 2021 and while I haven’t tested this, it may not with QB 2022 or later.

Raymond
    Participant

Thanks, Timothy. The config file was indeed there and I was able to use Tony’s workaround to run a Task. This will buy me some time as I get LetSync installed and configured.

Eric
    Participant

I used Tony’s solution, it was as simple as backing up the affected 3 files, then extracting the new ones over the old files. Now it works again.

ted.olson
    Participant

What sucks about this entire thing is that I was going to switch to LetSync in January, after the 3rd QTR was done. Now I have to switch with a gun to my head, and a really bad taste in my mouth.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.