OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Editing Oracle connection string?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gary.chancellor 3 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Cory
    Participant

I’m currently using a trial version of OpenSync 3.0.25 with the license key for Oracle.

When I add a database, I am able to connect, and OpenSync created all of the tables in the schema. However, trying to browse the database from OpenSync or attach it to tasks is giving me an ORA-12560 protocol adapter error.

I need to be able to edit the connection string – I see that in the help documentation for an Oracle database there’s a check box during setup to specify a connection, but I don’t see that on my installation of OpenSync. Is this still an available feature?

Cory
    Participant

Is there no support for Oracle?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Trying editing the connection string for ADBO connection.

Cory
    Participant

Yudel, are you saying that it’s possible to edit the connection string in OpenSync Configuration? It’s not presented as an option when adding a database, and I don’t seem to be able to edit a Database once it’s been added.

Where would I go to change the connection string?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

It is possible manually. Not that you can do it through OpenSync. Go where the configuration file is and right click. Then you can do it all the changes.

gary.chancellor
    Participant

I am having the same issue. While it captures the connection string correctly and if I use the Test while creating the database, it says it is successful. For anything after that point, it is not using a connection string or an Oracle tns alias because it is instead attempting to use the BEQ driver with a connect string to the database ORCL.

I have detail client trace logs and it is definitely not using the connection setting from the OSConfig.xml file – it has the correct address as: ‘Data Source=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=localhost)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=ORCL)))’. Instead because it does not pass the connection string Oracle is instead defaulting the connection which results in:
    (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=oracle)(ARGV0=oracleORCL)(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))’))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ORCL)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\Program?Files??x86?\Synergration\OpenSync\OSConfig3.exe)(HOST=XXXXXXXXX)(USER=yyyyyyy))))

I renamed my database to ORCL to see if I could get it to work – that didn’t work either.

This happens when a client program attempts to connect to Oracle and does not pass a correct connection string or tns alias.

Any clue if we can change something in the trial to get it to work correctly?

Regards,
    Gary

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.