OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync duplicate record problem with additionalnotesdetail table

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Raymond 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Raymond
    Participant

The additionalnotesdetail table is a mess. I have one customer with 10 notes (NoteID values of 0 through 9) but OpenSync has created 5,208 records with those same 10 NoteID numbers repeated hundreds of times each. To be clear, the problem is with all customers, not just one customer.

My guess is that the problem is due to the fact that the table doesn’t have a primary key. Each customer (IDKEY) should only have one entry in the table for each NoteID value.

Perhaps if you used a composite primary key from NoteID and IDKEY fields?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Which version of OpenSync and QuickBooks are you using?

Raymond
    Participant

QuickBooks Enterprise 18 and OpenSync 3.0.18.

I did see that version 3.0.19 is available but it appears to be a minor upgrade with just 2 bug fixes—unrelated to my problem.

Raymond
    Participant

I hate to be a pest but this seems like a pretty easy fix—add a primary key to the table to avoid creating duplicate records.

Thanks.

Raymond
    Participant

This same customer has now grown to 6,308 records in the additionalnotesdetail table despite having only 10 unique Notes!

The table has nearly 60,000 records in total which exceeds the size of any other table and just keeps growing.

Raymond
    Participant

Is anyone looking into this problem?

Raymond
    Participant

Can I get an update on this problem? Thanks.

Yair
    Participant

All this “Addional” tables are a mess i never used them.
    If I was you I would remove it from the list of table syncs and use other fields that are more reliable.
    like Memo field. seem to work well.

Raymond
    Participant

I have to use it because my users have notes in the QuickBooks additionalnotesdetail table that they want me to access.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

We will work on that for the next version. Sorry for the trouble on this table.

Raymond
    Participant

Great. Looking forward to the fix.

Thank you.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.