OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Database Struture Document

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sharper 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sharper
    Participant

Hi –

I’ve tried a couple of different times to install OpenSync to get the database structure PDF. Each time i do, it is not showing up in the installation folder.

Can someone please post here?

Thanks.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

There is no data base structure pdf format. What are you to trying to get that for?

sharper
    Participant

Thanks Yudel – I was referring to the reference in the Help Doc. See below from text in the HelpDoc:

I am looking for some definition on the linkedTxnDetail Table. It appears that this table is pulling transaction details from several different tables, but want to understand better if this is ALL transactions, or just specific transactions.

Database Schema

OpenSync will only operate with databases configured with the OpenSync schema. This schema mirros the schema used by QuickBooks and is drive directly from the QuickBooks XML schema. Several tools are available to help you understand the schema. These include: The topics in this section provide an overview of the schema and chracteristics common across all tables. The Intuit qbXML specification – Since the database schema is driven directly from the qbXML specification, the Intuit documentation is a great resource for understanding the specific contents of any given field.
    OpenSync

The database structure document – This PDF file is installed in the OpenSync installation folder

The OpenSync Database Browser – This utilty provides an interactive way to browse the database tables and view the actual data contained in them. More information is located in the section named Database Browser

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

We try to mirror QuickBooks schema. There are some fields that we don’t support and other that QuickBooks API doesn’t support either. You can check Onscreen Reference for Intuit Software Development Kits: https://developer-static.intuit.com/qbSDK-current/Common/newOSR/index.html. This will help you to understand better, but there is not pdf with OpenSync database schema. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

We try to mirror QuickBooks schema. There are some fields that we don’t support and other that QuickBooks API doesn’t support either. You can check Onscreen Reference for Intuit Software Development Kits: https://developer-static.intuit.com/qbSDK-current/Common/newOSR/index.html. This will help you to understand better, but there is not pdf with OpenSync database schema. Sorry for the inconveniences.

sharper
    Participant

Thanks Yudel.

Understand the QB Sdk and will review.

However – can you tell me the difference between the linkedTxndetail table (and which transactions are included here) and the AppliedToTxnDetaik Table (and which transactions are included here)?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.