OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Database Browser shows no data & no statuses are detected in preview

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

cpcadmin
    Participant

I noticed some other submissions about Database browser not working with no solutions given for them. I have the same issue. The data syncs correctly, I can see data in the database, but the preview shows no Pending Deletes for when I change the status fields and the Database Browser shows no data. I’ve tried it with MySQL and MS Access with same results. This also means no bi-directional syncing is happening. Please advise, we just paid the full price for the syncing ability.

Currently using latest version of OpenSync with QB 2020.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

cpcadmin
    Participant

FYI, I have already restarted the computer multiple times, tried uninstalling ODBC and re-installing multiple versions, tried creating various kinds of DB connections, re-syncing data, checking logs after opening database viewer to see nothing relevant, pretty much hours of trying stuff to no avail, so please don’t ask me anything trivial like that. I don’t understand how the sync works so well but the view/update does not.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Can you run the task, then attach your lod file, please?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

make sure to have the 32 and 64 bit ODBC Driver. Also, when you are trying to sync, nobody cannot be working on that computer. Another thing, the account that OpenSync uses, cannot be used by another person at the same time.

cpcadmin
    Participant

Did you mean log file? I submitted those from the help menu after trying. No one else is using the ODBC drivers and I have both installed. Which log file would you like to see?

cpcadmin
    Participant

Any word on this? I need support! I have checked ODBC and account being used. Nothing is working. Syncing data to the database is working however.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Do you have the full version of OpenSync?

cpcadmin
    Participant

I have paid for a full license if that’s what you mean, is there another download that is a different version?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

no, that is a full one. I was just making sure that you had the full version. So, you are telling me that you can populate the database, but when you change the “status” column to add, delete or update. You don’t see that reflected when you click on the database on the OpenSync UI. Am I getting it right?

cpcadmin
    Participant

I was able actually to get the status column to update, the only remaining issue is that the database browser is not working so I can’t preview anything.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

which database type are you using?

cpcadmin
    Participant

mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.62, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.3

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

it could be the connection to Linux. Can you test it on windows?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.