OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Custom fields not passing to Quickbooks.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

It is for all the tables.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Patricia
    Participant

Rohan,
    Did you ever get an answer to this issue?
    I have been updating Custom Fields with OpenSync for 5 years with version 2 with no problem. Now with version 3 these fields are no longer updated in QB and they are not retained in the db table. I am updating ItemInventory.

Do you have a solution?
    Thanks in advance
    Patricia Lawson
    pat@bluediamondapps.com

I appreciate any input!!

rohan.bane1
    Participant

Hi Patricia,
    Yes, Answer is quite difficult tho.
    In my case, I had an issue only with sales receipt entries, if it’s similar in your case then the following answer will probably solve your issue too.

In order to pass custom fields in sales receipt, you have to add the custom fields to the respective customer in the customer table.

Due to which you are limited by this design to process only a single sales receipt per customer. for every task you run.

let me know if this solves your problem.

Patricia
    Participant

Thanks, Rohan.

My issue is with the ItemInventory table. In QB in the Item List, I have the Custom Fields created, along with the values they can contain. (For example, ‘Active’, ‘Discontinued’, et al) These custom fields pertain to all items, so no matter what item I open, I can see the custom fields.

I have been maintaining two custom fields per item for about 5 years. Now when I put a value in the CustomField1 column in the iteminventory table, it never updates QB, AND it is erased after a Refresh/Update.

This is a big problem for me…. Not quite like your problem.

I updated to OpenSync late last year, and to QB 2019 early this year – both with full database Populates. My customer only recently noticed that these fields were not being updated…..

Thanks for your input.

a.siragusa
    Participant

Hi, I have the same issue. I update Custom field on table salesorder, no errore on opensync log but on QB the values are not updated and after a refresh are reset also on my mysql db.
    Anyone have fixed this issue?
    Thanks

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

If you update your custom fields in QuickBooks, you have to run a populate. A refresh will give errors.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.