OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Create receiving record from purchase order

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  cchang 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

cchang
    Participant

Hi there,

I am trying to create a receiving record and link it to existing purchase order. I follow Tom’s reply from another post

When linking an Item receipt to a PO you need to use the following relationships:

LinkedTxnDetail.IDKEY -> ItemReceipt.TxnID
    LinkedTxnDetail.TxnID -> PO.TxnID

Also, make sure to set the LinkedTxnDetail.TxnType to “PURCHASEORDER”

Running update task in opensync results in an error: No line items found for provided TxnID.

I then tried to add one line item from the purchase order to TxnItemLineDetail table with self-generated TxnLineID, and IDKEY = ItemReceipt.TxnID with partial quantity of the original ordered quantity. Run update task again. This time it goes through, but it received the whole purchase order rather than just partial quantity of that one item specified in TxnItemLineDetail table.

I also found that the record that I inserted in LinkedTxnDetail was not overwritten. It stays in the database, and Quickbooks creates a new record with the same TxnID but different IDKEY (the actual TxnID of ItemReceipt table). So now I have two LinkedTxnDetail records, one with self-generated IDKEY, and another with actual IDKEY.

In TxnItemLineDetail, the line item record that I inserted manually also stays. It even shows up in the Item Receipt UI in Quickbooks, which makes the received quantity more than the actual order quantity.

I’ve attached the snapshot of the error on the first run before I added line item.
    I’ve also added the quickbooks log for the 2nd run after I added line item.

Please kindly let me know if I’m doing anything wrong here. Thanks a lot!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

cchang
    Participant

Anyone could point me to the right direction here?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.