OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Could not start QuickBooks – due to bank feeds open dialog box in QB

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tim 2 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Tim
    Participant

As a further update I suspect the problem with the application crashing was the 3.0 open sync application could or would not parse the config data from the 2.0 version. I suspect if I had deleted out the config data the application would have loaded saving me a lot of trouble – I did not think of it at the time. There is a bug with the application. Config data does not seem to transfer over from 2.x to 3.x. I had to manually recreate the QB and SQL connections as well as the sync tasks on the new server – it would not import the data exported from the 2.0 server without crashing the application.

It also seems that OSync can now launch the QB application in a Remote Desktop session in Server 2019. I suspect this limitation is based on the OS.

I tried using AutoIT scripts to clear the dialog boxes automatically but it could not interact with the QB dialog box beyond bringing it to the forefront. Issuing clicks or keystrokes fail.

FAQ31 UIAUTOMATION was recommended as a possible way to script dismissing the dialog boxes.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I got lost. What is the issue? Sorry about that.

Tim
    Participant

The issue is that OS will not sync if another user has the bank feeds screen open in Quickbooks.

The reason it will not sync is that QB displays a GUI notice stating that X user has the bank feeds open.

Someone must manually click “OK” in order for the OS sync to proceed. Otherwise the sync will time out. The Bank feeds being locked does not prevent the sync but the dialog box does.

It would be great if OpenSync could manage the API in such such a way that this dialog box does not appear. This is for Enterprise Accountant 20.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

QB API only allows one app connecting at the same time. If you have the form open and working on it, it won’t work either.

Tim
    Participant

Not sure what you are talking about. There are no “other apps” connecting to the API. Bank feeds is a feature within Quickbooks that users use to download bank transactions.

As I keep saying, the sync does work once the error dialog is dismissed.

It’s pretty easy to test this if you have a license for Quickbooks Enterprise Accountant. Login to Quickbooks, open bank feeds, try to sync, you will see what I am talking about. There are a few solutions here other than have someone babysit the sync all day:

1. Try to fix the OpenSync program so that this warning does not appear. There is some reason why this error is popping up – if it can be avoided it would solve the problem. It should not appear during an API call yet it does.

2. Find a way to have the sync continue without the error dialog being dismissed (may not be allowed by QB but might be worth looking into).

3. Create a program which will dismiss the dialog box manually. I have tried this using autoIT scripts and it failed but there should be a way to do this.

Perhaps a developer can take a look at this? We upgraded to the latest version on your advise and saw no change in the behavior of this problem – though we did discover a pretty big bug in the settings import feature.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Bank Feeds is the online banking feature in QuickBooks Desktop that lets you connect to your financial institution so you can download transactions and use other online services. Through Bank Feeds, you can process bank and credit card transactions efficiently giving you extra time for your other business needs. Meaning, it uses the QuickBooks API. Unfortunately, there is no workaround when a windows pop up on QuickBooks. The API won’t work until that window is taken care of.

Tim
    Participant

So option 2 may be out? That leaves option 1 and 3. I guess Quickbooks uses its own API internally?

If what you say is true the sync would fail after I dismiss the error message. This is not the case which I have stated repeatedly numerous times throughout this thread.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

yes, it does use API internally. The windows pop up will stop API to be queried but after the windows are handled the task will run because OpenSyn will do several attempts to connect to QB.

Tim
    Participant

How about option 3 then? Using Windows UI Automation Framework to dismiss the error. Seems like this would be a rich feature add for Open Sync.

Intiuit is not very likely to fix the API.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘OpenSync’ is closed to new topics and replies.