OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Could not start QuickBooks – due to bank feeds open dialog box in QB

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Tim
    Participant

I have a scheduled task run a script which first launches QBw32.exe if it is not already running and then launches OSRUN to launch a sync. It pipes the output to a text file and analyzes the text file after completion to log the error and retry the sync in certain cases.

What we are seeing is that if another user has the bank feeds locked in Quickbooks enterprise a dialog box will pop up as soon as OSRUN starts to sync saying that another user has bank feeds locked. If this box is not clicked away the sync will fail.

I do not have a solution for this and it is pretty frustrating that QB is so noisy. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this from causing a sync to fail?

I thought of finding a way to have a script click “OK” but it seems like a messy solution and a bit time consuming. Is there a way to prevent the dialog box in the first place?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Which version of QuickBooks and OpenSync are you running?

Tim
    Participant

Enterprise accountant 17. Open Sync 2.0.76.
    If the script does not launch QBW32.exe the sync will also fail. In other words OSRUN seems unable to launch QBW32.exe itself. There was another post on this issue having to do with Remote Desktop sessions and the solution was to launch QBW32 manually. This is not an RDP server but it is a Windows server which supports 2 RDP sessions.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Can you post your log files? was it working fine and then this error out of the blue?

Tim
    Participant

It was and is working fine so long as no user is logged into the bank-feeds section of Quickbooks.

It seems some update to QB included this locking feature for BankFeeds. Now whenever a user has bank-feeds open it automatically locks it and any other user who logs into the same QB file receives a pop-up window worning them that the bank feeds are locked by another user. It is this pop up window which breaks the sync. I have to manually click OK in order process the sync which breaks OSRUN automation.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

you will have to make sure that windows doesn’t show anymore.

Tim
    Participant

That is my goal. We are asking people to stay out of bank feeds but it is a bit backwards. I was hoping for a way to sync without having to open the GUI at all. Is this possible? Perhaps a different OS? Run the sync in Windows 10 instead of Server 2016? Would that solve the problem of the pop-ups or would that be a waste of time?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

If OpenSync is not running on a terminal server, the QuickBooks can be closed. If it is a terminal server, it has to be open in order to run.

Tim
    Participant

Thank you.

I just now realized what this means. While we are not running the software on a terminal server we are using RDP to connect to the server. We have switched over to using another remote support tool and so far the problem seems to be resolved.

The takeaway for me is don’t use Remote Desktop. Login at the console or use another remote solution.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Great to hear that. Thanks, Tim for your input.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.