OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Could not start QuickBooks.: -2147220472

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Frank 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

tony722
    Premium Member

Getting error Failed: Could not start QuickBooks.: -2147220472

This is on a machine that has been running fine for weeks. Just started within the past few days (possibly yesterday)

Additional Errors:
    RequestProcessor: Unknown QBInstanceFinder error. File Name: “X:\xxx\xxxxxxxxxx.QBW” hr = 80070057
    RequestProcessor: Could not find or create an instance of QuickBooks using InstanceFinder hr = 80040403

(Logs submitted via Help Menu in OpenSync)

If Quickbooks is closed, OpenSync does not start it. If QB is open, but no company file is open, OpenSync does not try to open company file. If QB is open and company file is open too, OpenSync gives same error and will not sync.

Tried so far:
    Uninstalling/Reinstalling OpenSync
    Uninstalling/Reinstalling Quickbooks
    Even tried installing trial on separate Windows 10 computer and getting same error on that machine.

tony722
    Premium Member

Fix: I removed authorization for OpenSync app in Quickbooks company preferences. Deleted “Company Files” profile in OpenSync. Re-added Company File in OpenSync (generating a re-authorize in QB). And it started working again.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Which version of OpenSync and QuickBooks are you using?

Frank
    Premium Member

Hi Tony:

I know you posted this a year ago but we’re getting the same error message. A bit of background. We did the Windows update a few days ago, then couldn’t open Open Sync. We got Open Sync to open but since then it hasn’t been syncing with QB. Your response makes sense to me, although I don’t know how to do steps 2 & 3.
    Step 1 – Remove authorization for OpenSync app in Quickbooks company preferences – DONE
    Step 2 – Delete “Company Files” profile in OpenSync. I tried to do this but get a message that this cannot be done because it is “bounded to one or more tasks”. I tried to unschedule the tasks but still get the same error message. Do I need to delete/remove each of the tasks (we have three) in order to delete the Company File?
    Step 3 – Re-add the Company File in OpenSync (generating a re-authorize in QB). This seems fairly straight forward and I have the steps in the Open Sync user’s manual. If I need to delete the tasks (Step 2), I will need to re-add them here, right? Easy to do?

I’m not too tech-savvy and I appreciate any help you can give us. Thanks!

Frank Agin - AmSpirit

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Are you running OpenSync on a terminal server o regular computer?

Frank
    Premium Member

Regular computer.

Frank Agin - AmSpirit

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

make sure that you are running OpenSync as admin if your Quickbooks is.

Frank
    Premium Member

Yes, both are running as Admin.

Frank Agin - AmSpirit

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.