OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Changing or deleting an invoice line item

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  bmarinello 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

bmarinello
    Participant

Can someone walk me through the process of changing or deleting an invoice line item? I’m sure the first step is to put update in the status field of the invoice record. The problem is how to identify the line item that needs to be changed. Using the TxnLineID field would be nice, but using that field is not officially supported according to the documentation. There is a similar problem when trying to delete a line item since putting delete in the invoice status field would delete the whole invoice, not a single line item.

bmarinello
    Participant

Just did a test to add a line item to an existing invoice. I put UPDATE in the Status field of the invoice record and created a new invoice line item. When I sent these two records through OpenSync to QB, it updated the invoice line, deleted the three existing line items on the invoice, and added the new line item. So this tells me that to add a line item to an invoice, you must package up all the current lines on the invoice along with the new line item, and send the whole package to QB. I would guess changing and deleting a line item would work the same way, rebuilding the invoice from the ground up every time. Would appreciate comments from anyone who has experience with this process. Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.