OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Can't Create Database Even Though MySQL ODBC is working

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

joel6
    Participant

I’m attempting to populate a MySQL database on a local network server. I’ve successfully set up and tested the ODBC connection. I’ve created a DB in MySQL and when trying to create a DB in OpenSync (running on Windows 2008 Server), I can’t connect to through OpenSync. I keep getting stuck with error: “Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.” This occurs whether I select “Create New Database”, “Add tables to Existing Database” or “Add Existing Database”. I have the MySQL Connector Net 6.9.9 installed. I can see that the ODBC test is connecting to my network MySQL database server, but I don’t see how your setup panels in OpenSync are directing/relating the connection through ODBC (defined in System DSN). What am I missing? I downloaded on 30-day trial and would like to test to see if it’s worth purchasing.

Logs only show Source: ModAccess – Description: Connect from: OpenSync

I’ve tried numerous variations on the setup, including specifying the System DSN name and IP address for Server Name, but it remains unclear from the documentation and forum posts how to overcome. I’ve attached a screenshot of the setup panel.
    Thanks for your guidance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

“Add Database” option means that you need to create the database first on the MySQL server then connect to that db in OpenSync. MySQL server doesn’t allow creating db from outside. Make sure that is a database with that name “test212” in your server.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.