OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Cant connect to existing Database

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Don Hans 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Don Hans
    Premium Member

My client has set up a new server and I am moving the database and opensync to the new server.

I can connect to the sql server with other apps, but when I try to configure it in opensync, it brings up an error box titled OpenSync with an error message of “Error Description”

Since this error is telling me nothing, I’ having a hard time troubleshooting.

Note that this is running in trial mode, as I need to get it working before I transfer the license over.

OpenSync version 3.0.28 and SQL server version 14.0.2027.2

Please advise ASAP, thanks

Don Hans
    Premium Member

Note, its SQL server 2017

Don Hans
    Premium Member

Also, I cant even connect to the old DB on the old server from the OpenSync install on the new server. I get the same vague “Error Description” error. Sot its not the new database.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Can you create a new database and test it?

Don Hans
    Premium Member

Yes, I can create a new DB. The problem is I cant connect to an existing DB.

I did an experiment, I created a new DB, deleted the DB and then reconnected to it. It worked. But I still cant connect to my existing DB, and the error message is nonsence.

Don Hans
    Premium Member

I finally got it to connect by manually editing the config file, copying the <database> section from the old system config file to the new and changing the server name.

Still would like to know why it wouldnt work and think the error message should indicate more what the problem is.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘OpenSync’ is closed to new topics and replies.