OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Cant add New Company File

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Don Hans
    Participant

I’m running the latest version of OpenSync. The new company file I am trying to add is running on another system on my network. I have the company file folder added as a mapped drive on the OpenSync system.

However Opensync will not allow me to add the company file. When I click new, its brings up the dialog advising that the Company file need to open and logged in as admin. When I click ok it brings up another dialog saying “Open Quickbooks to configure a new company file.” (see attachment) It never brings up a file dialog to ask where the file is located.

It seems as if you can only register a new company file if OpenSync is running on the same system as the company file you want to register. I’ve been using this product for years and I could swear this was not the case previously.

In any case, I need to be able to run this over a mapped drive. I tried registering the new company file on the system it is hosted on, and then imported the OpenSync config file to the system I want to run it on, but when I try and run a refresh it gives me an error “Failed: Object variable or With block variable not set: 91”

Please advise asap. I just signed up for Premium Forum Support.

Thanks

Don Hans
    Participant

Trying to upload a file – what are the size limits?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

QuickBooks needs to be running as admin too or if QuickBooks is running as admin then make sure that OpenSync is running as admin.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.