OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Can't Add Customer Notes

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  adams 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

adams
    Premium Member

I am running OpenSync 3.0.15 and QuickBooks Enterprise Professional Services 2016.

I am attempting to add customer notes to an existing customer.

• I inserted the rows into the additionalnotesdetail table putting the ListID of the customer in the IDKEY field. NoteIDs are all incremented (0-12).
    • I set the Customer.Status to ‘UPDATE’.
    • I ran a task to Update to QuickBooks.

No changes to the notes. No errors in the log.

Is there another way to do this? Also, how would I delete a single note if I wanted to?

Thanks

Adam

adams
    Premium Member

Hello,

I am going to want to add Employee and Vendor Notes too. Is this possible? The documentation doesn’t show support for Employee notes. In fact, it looks like Employee support for UPDATE is very limited. I have a long list of fields in the Employee table that I would like to update (e.g. JobTitle, EmergencyContactPrimaryName, EmergencyContactPrimaryValue, EmergencyContactPrimaryRelation).

I haven’t been able to find documented anywhere a complete list of all the parent tables that use the additionalnotesdetail table. Can you please provide this?

I noticed that each of the parent tables that I have looked at (Customer, Employee, and Vendor) has a Note field that appears to have the text of first note (NoteID = 0). Does this have a special purpose?

Thank you,

Adam

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

-Customer Table
    AccountNumber
    AltContact
    AltPhone
    BillAddress Fields
    CompanyName
    Contact
    CreditCardAddress (QB 2003 or greater)
    CreditCardNumber (QB 2003 or greater)
    ExpirationMonth (QB 2003 or greater)
    ExpirationYear (QB 2003 or greater)
    NameOnCard (QB 2003 or greater)
    CreditCardPostal (QB 2003 or greater)
    Email
    Fax
    FirstName
    IsActive
    JobDesc
    JobEndDate
    JobProjectedEndDate
    JobStartDate
    ListID (Required)
    LastName
    MiddleName
    Name (Required)
    Notes
    Parent ListID or FullName
    PreferredPaymentMethod ListID or FullName
    Phone
    ResaleNumber
    SalesRep ListID or FullName
    SalesTaxCode ListID or FullName
    SalesTaxItem ListID or FullName
    Salutation
    ShipAddress Fields
    Terms ListID or FullName

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

-Vendor Table
    AccountNumber
    AltContact
    AltPhone
    VendorAddress Fields
    CompanyName
    Contact
    Email
    Fax
    FirstName
    ListID (Required)
    LastName
    MiddleName
    Name (Required)
    Notes
    Phone
    ResaleNumber
    Salutation
    First Time Add Only
    Terms ListID or FullName

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Those are the required and supported fields. Also, you need to have a full version of OpenSync in order to do so.

adams
    Premium Member

I do believe that my version of OpenSync is the full and latest version. I didn’t know there was more than one version available.

Adam

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

If that so, you are ok. Yes, they are trial. read only and full.

adams
    Premium Member

I have been successfully using OpenSync to modify QB data, so I’m pretty sure I have the full version.

So, when, you say that OpenSync supports UPDATE for notes, are you saying that it supports the notes stored in additionalnotesdetail table? This is a one-to-many relationship between, for example, customer and additionalnotesdetail. I have not be able to get this to work.

Adam

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I didn’t say that you don’t have full version. I cannot know which version you have. I was letting you know that you have to have a full version in order to do so. If you have the full version, so your are good to go. Simple as that.

adams
    Premium Member

Thanks. Sorry for the confusion.

The question remains – what is preventing me from adding multiple notes to a Customer or a Vendor? The documentation says that Notes is supported.

Adam

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

OpenSync doesn’t support update additional notes back to QuickBooks. Sorry for the inconveniences.

adams
    Premium Member

Thanks Yudel,

I suggest that you update your documentation to make it clear that you can’t update Notes for Customers, Vendors or Employees. This would have saved me many hours of effort because I assumed that it was possible and thought I was doing something wrong.

I hope this thread will save someone else time but we shouldn’t have to search through the forum to discover this.

– Adam

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.