OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Can no longer create empty line items in estimatelinedetails

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pavel Brun 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

When I created estimates, one of the methods we used for splitting up the line items was to insert a blank line item on creation. If created in Quickbooks, I would see an entry in estimatelinedetail consisting of NULL’s except for TxnLineId and the IDKEY.

When I generate an entry and insert a row similar representing a blank line item, it fails with an error message related to assignchildvalues.

Attached is the graphical error. Is it no longer possible to insert blank lines programmatically in Quickbooks via the API?

Paul

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Can you attached the log files after running that task please? The screenshot doesn’t say much. thanks

Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

Attached are the logs….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Graeme
    Participant

I found the same thing. I ended up deleting those lines. Unhelpful, I know.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I don’t see any problem on your log files. Yes, You can still add blank line to that table

Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

I figured there would be no problems with the log files after looking through them, so why am I then not able to synchronize? Is there a later version then 2.0.81? Is there a 2.0.83?

How can I get around this problem? Have you been able to create an estimate with a blank line, no reference to a line item?

Paul

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Yes, we do have a 2.0.83. Can you try with that one please? Let me know

Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

I don’t have a direct way to download the newer software. The current download when logged in is set to 2.0.81

Thanks
    Paul

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

When I click on the link, it says “Download doesn’t exist”

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

Hi there,

This above link worked…..I will be testing this out tonight on my clients system and if the problem persists, I will try to get more information, if possible.

Regards,
    Paul

Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

Are there any extra debug logging levels that can be enabled if this problem persists?

Paul

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

yes, on the main window go to File->Options and click on the “XML Tracing” depending on what you are doing

Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

It is every worse, I can’t even generate a quote with the extra blank line…..how is this even possible? So many steps back…
    Paul

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.