OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Better way to schedule?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

pspencer
    Participant

Hey all, looking for a better way to schedule Open Sync. Ideally I’d like an 8-5 M-F schedule but that doesn’t seem to be possible with the built in. I’ve considered using Task Scheduler to start and stop the service at times but I’m concerned with it interrupting a Sync job if it cuts one off. How is everyone else handling this?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

If you want that OpenSync runs only day time; you want to use windows task scheduler with “OSRun.exe”, you don’t have to create a schedule task. Just create a regular task and open windows task scheduler (Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8986eNlXjos to learn how it works, In the argument you can put the task name). This will do it. I hope this solves your situation.

Best Regards,

Yudel

pspencer
    Participant

How would one make an argument to trigger a specific task in OS? We have tasks/jobs built in OpenSync and it is working well. However we have issues with patching interrupting the schedule. When the server reboots and the service starts Quickbooks Database Server Manager running on our file server(different server) isn’t always running yet.

This causes issues with OpenSync opening the file without going through QB DB Server Manager. Then other users on the network can’t open the file. Does this make sense?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Create a regular task and use the windows scheduler for scheduling the task. You will put the task name on the argument. This could be the way around to your issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.