OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Azure Syncing Issues

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

veltri
    Participant

I am testing OpenSync 3.0.18 with minimal success syncing with an Azure SQL Database.

1. When I create a fresh Azure Database and do an initial sync, then everything appears to sync fine. (Completed Successfully)
    2. When I do a refresh OR a full sync on the existing populated database, I get some type of timeout/network error etc. The errors do vary but outcome is the same; an aborted sync. (Tried at least 10 times)
    3. I have tried Syncing to a local Access database, both new and refresh with no apparent issues.

Based on my initial testing it would seem there is some type of timeout or interruption issue between Opensync and Azure.

Is there any guidance or tips available for setting up a reliable connection between the two, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Tony

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Hello
    You have to increase your timeout on your Azure database.

veltri
    Participant

Thanks for your response. How can I edit the connection string in opensync to change this?

Regards,
    -Tony

veltri
    Participant

I have recreated the database and increased the connection timeout to 500 (maximum allowed). The same issue prevails. I have other applications syncing from internal to Azure with no issues in my environment albeit on another server, however are there workstation settings, firewall issues I should be aware of? Would syncing via the SQL option be a better choice?

Thanks,
    -Tony

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

You can try to do it through SQL. But, Can you run that task and right after send the log files please?

veltri
    Participant

I have attached the log files as requested. When I sync to a local SQL database then we have no issues. When we sync to an Azure database not only is it painfully slow but it ultimately times out. I have seen where it is choking on a particular invoice (although the local SQL does not experience the same problem… either on an individual transaction or timing of sync.) It could be something in my Azure environment although to test, I created a SYNC between my SQL Local Database and another Azure database with no issues.

Let me know your thoughts as I am at a loss at this point.

Thanks,
    -Tony

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

You have to check the timeout on your data base. Ask to your database admin to check that for you.

veltri
    Participant

I do not believe their are timeout options with Azure SQL. This is handled at the client level. Did the logs point to a timeout issue?

-Tony

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

lars
    Participant

Did you ever find a fix to this? I don’t think the provided link will help. I am having similar issue, but even repopulate didn’t work. I have tried the following:
    1. Repopulate
    2. Inbound and Outbound firewall rules
    3. Update ODBC driver to 13.1
    4. Refresh only (one table at a time seems to work 50% of the time).
    5. Uninstall and reinstall OpenSync 3.0.19

Also painfully slow so it takes forever to test changes. It took 5 hours to fail on the customer table with 200 of 2400 records to go.

Any other ideas?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Turn off your windows firework and run the task. That could be the solution.
    Let me know please
    thanks

veltri
    Participant

I was unfortunately never able to get it to work. I was able to sync locally to MSSQL database and then sync that back to Azure but not direct.

Regards,
    -Tony

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Can you send me the log files? when it fails trying to connect to Azure please.
    Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.