OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Azure ODBC Error

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Daniel
    Participant

I am getting the [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified error every time I try to setup a connection to our database. We are using an Azure DB and I have followed the instructions in the Azure blog post. Full SQL Server 2016 Management Studio is installed on the server and I can browse and use the DB from management studio so all of the firewall configurations are working and I would expect all the ODBC drivers to be installed and working as well.

I also tried manually installing ODBC drivers with no luck. Can I get a link to the ODBC driver installer the software needs please? I am running Windows Server 2012 Standard.

The development team is on hold until we can get the data sync setup and working, we have already purchased a license for OpenSync.

Daniel
    Participant

One other note, I see in the blog post (http://synergration.com/syncing-quickbooks-data-with-microsoft-azure/) the requirements are a 32 bit ODBC driver. I am running on a 64 bit server and when I try to install the 32 bit ODBC driver referenced in the blog post it says it’s not compatible with this operating system. Will this only work with a 32 bit driver? Most servers are 64 bit, surely this is a very common scenario.

Tom Crawford
    Keymaster

We are working to correct this issue and expect to release support for it in version 3.

Daniel
    Participant

Hi Tom,

That is very unfortunate and not at all what we were expecting. We have two developers dedicated to creating the integration with OpenSync right now and several deadlines. What is the timeline for Version 3 being release and will the license we just paid for include the version 3 update?

Thanks,
    Daniel

Tom Crawford
    Keymaster

Daniel,

The problem is that QB is a 32 bit application and in order to communicate with it, OpenSync must also be a 32 bit application. Have you googled connecting to Azure from a 32 bit application? I’m pretty sure we have customers that have implemented this.

Daniel
    Participant

Hi Tom,

We have googled backwards and forward, installed everything from SQL 11 to SQL 2016 drivers (both 64bit and 32bit), rebooted the server half a dozen times and no luck. Our team has been working with these systems for 15+ years and we understand them very well but we can’t seem to get this working no matter what we try. Do you have any insights into this? Link to the ODBC driver needed, etc? We understand the QB 32 bit aspect but there has to be something simple we are missing here. We have full SQL Management Studio on the server and we can connect to the DB so everything except the ODBC driver for OpenSync seems to be working without any problems.

Is there a timeline for v3 (we’ve seen the forum thread but the timeline given has passed)? Will the license we just bought cover the v3 upgrade?

Thanks,
    Daniel

Tom Crawford
    Keymaster

This link should provide the driver you need: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=50402

Daniel
    Participant

When I try to install the 32 bit ODBC driver from that link I get this error message: “Installation of this product failed becase it is not supported on this operating system.” Any other suggestions?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.