Home Forums General Forum 1-888-572-7379 How to Delete an AOL Email Account from an iPhone

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Deleting an AOL Mail Account is a simple few steps method. However, the procedure may differ depending upon whether you are a paid user or a free user. Keep reading further to know the procedure for both Paid as well as a free user.

Prerequisite before you delete AOL Email account
    There are certain points that need to be considered before you plan for the deletion of AOL mail Account.

You should have access to your account. If you have forgotten the AOL Mail password then you need to reset the password and then login into your AOL Email account with your new password. In case if you need assistance; you can contact AOL Mail Customer Service number +1-888-585-0545.
    Closure of AOL Mail Account will lead to disruption of any premium service associated with the account.
    Once you delete the AOL account, you will lose all the access to the account. Hence it is important to take back up of your important emails. You can forward your important emails to an alternate email address.
    You need to close the account before the deletion of the account. Your emails and contacts will be available for 3 months post the closure of the account. After 3 months, your emails and a contact list will be deleted permanently.
    Make sure that you AOL email that you intend to delete is not the primary email used in bank and various other places. If that is the case, then change the email address in the bank to a different email account.
    If you cancel paid AOL Mail account in the middle of the month then you will have an access of the account for the remaining of that month. However, once the billing cycle month is over, your account will be closed.
    Many users commit the mistakes of not deleting their email account. If you do not login into your account for 90 days, your account will be deactivated. All the access to your mail or attachment will be terminated. If you log in between 90 days to 180 days, your account will be reactivated. However, if you failed to login after 180 days, your account will be permanently deleted and all the access to the account mail and attachment will be deleted.
    How to delete Your AOL Account For A Paid User
    Firstly, you will have to move your account from a paid user to a free user.

Login into AOL Billing page using your credential
    Navigate to Manage My Account section
    Navigate to service options and click on “Change my AOL plan:
    Select the internet connection types linked to your account
    Click on the option “Cancel My billing” and your account will be of Free user.
    How To Delete Your AOL Account For A Free User
    You can proceed with the deletion of AOL account by signing into your AOL account using your credential.
    Once logged in, you need to visit myaccount.aol.com.
    Navigate to my services on the left side of the tab
    Click on Manage Button
    Click on Delete my account
    Click on delete option next to the user name
    This would be the final step of deleting your AOL account. Click on “Continue to Delete my account”

As stated earlier, Once you close the account, you will lose all the access to the account. Hence, it is important to take back up of your important emails. You can forward your important emails to an alternate email address.

Your emails and contacts will be available for 3 months post the closure of the account. In case you need to access your account, reactivate your account using the same credential within 90 days. After 3 months, your emails and a contact list will be deleted permanently.

https://kolab.org/hub/topic/30207/1-888-572-7379-how-to-delete-an-aol-email-account-from-an-iphone

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.