OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync TxnID Changing

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cfuller 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Gene
    Participant

Hello,

I have noticed that the TxnID (Primary Key) seems to be changing at least on the invoice table. We’ll create an invoice in SQL, add it to QB thru Opensync, and then later find that the TxnID has been changed for that invoice if we repopulate the data from QB.

Am I crazy, or is this really happening? Is there a way to prevent this?

QuickBooks does that. There is no way to stop that. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Gene
    Participant

Once Quickbooks changes the ID, will it remain the same or can it potentially change again?

It can be change.

Gene
    Participant

So I can’t count on the TxnID for updating my software then, since it may change?

I don’t know what your software does, but I can tell you that TxnID can change.

cfuller
    Participant

Is this true for only Invoices or for any item? This seems like a huge issue to me. I’m developing a web app, and I need to sync Vendors between the web app and Quickbooks, if Quickbooks could just randomly change the ListID for the vendor, how can I reliably link the Vendor in our web app to the Vendor in Quickbooks so that when we push in new bills or checks, it is going to the correct Vendor? Another huge area of concern would be the Chart of Accounts, how can we ensure we have the accounts linked consistently if it could potentially change?

In another post it was suggested to use “UserData”, however, that doesn’t seem to be implemented consistently yet?

Thank you.

tobebauman
    Participant

why not link it by the Vendor Name, in that case ?

cfuller
    Participant

That might work for Vendor, but it wouldn’t work well for a bill or a check. For example, I ran into a problem last night where after my web app inserts a bill record, it then tries to match the bill based on vendor and amount, but there were two bills with the same vendoer and amount, so later, when it tried to push in the billpaymentcheck, it failed because it was trying to apply it to the wrong bill, which had already been paid.

I have been linking things together using the TxnID or the ListID, but if those could potentially change at some point in the future, this is going to cause cascading errors of this sort in the future.

cfuller
    Participant

Synergaration Support — do you have any additional details about how/if/when the TxnID or ListID numbers numbers could be change?

Thank you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.