OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Quickbooks crashes after running OpenSync

This topic contains 57 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #62971

    josh
    Participant

    What I mean by the filter is, when you set up a job to run the replication from QB to your MySQL there is the option to set a “filter” by date range that you want the job to look for data in.

    #62972

    frank.gregory
    Participant

    I just deleted the refresh job and recreated and that was not one of the options.
    I’m running opensync 3.0.17

    #62973

    josh
    Participant

    Oh, I’m on 2.something not the 3.0 version. I can’t imagine why they would discontinue that, it can be a useful feature. Being that we’re on 2 different versions I’m not sure if there are any “new” features that might replace that from the old one. What about in the error logs in windows, does it show anything that might help?

    #62974

    frank.gregory
    Participant

    No sir. I uploaded all of the logs to Opensync and they wrote back that they don’t see anything wrong and I guess I’ve been left on my own to figure it out.

    We are running qb enterprise 2018, and the 2. versions didn’t support it. In fact, we had to go to the current version to get it to work with qb2018.

    #62975

    josh
    Participant

    Yeah, our customer is running enterprise v16.0 and clearly we’re running a different version. Hopefully OpenSync can come back with something to help out more.

    #63020

    Can you someone tell me please what is the issue and attached log files please?
    Regards,

    #63456

    frank.gregory
    Participant

    Yudel Rosales: The issues are the same ones that this whole thread is talking about. Specifically see Jan24 and Feb7 posts.

    It’s been running well for the past few weeks and then this week it’s started doing it again. (what is mentioned in the above posts). I’ve tried to upload the files to you but have been told that you didn’t get them. I don’t know what else to do.

    Any suggestions?

    #63457

    josh
    Participant

    Frank: Oddly enough, mine started again this week as well. That cannot be coincidence.

    #63458

    frank.gregory
    Participant

    Josh, I agree. Something updated (I think Microsoft shoved their updates out the door the other day) and since then it’s been crashing constantly. Thanks for letting me know that I’m not the only one! 🙁

    #63459

    josh
    Participant

    I haven’t seen it since a couple days ago but I’ll let you know if it comes back.

    #63495

    Howard Katz
    Premium Member

    What operating system are you running?
    I had this same issue when we upgraded from Server 2008 R2 (same code base as Windows 7) to Server 2012 R2 (same code base as Windows 10). Problem was never corrected, but went away (of course) as soon as we restored back to Server 2008 R2.

    See my post http://synergration.com/forums/topic/opensync-not-working-after-migrating-system-to-a-new-hard-drive/

    (Problem was new OS, not new hard drive)

    If you can, try running under Windows 7 and see if that resolves your issues.

    #63496

    frank.gregory
    Participant

    Howard, We are running the same Server version as you and that is where Quickbooks resides. The opensync program is running on a Windows 10 Pro (latest updates) and populates a mysql database on that same Windows 10 machine.

    Last week it wouldn’t run 20 minutes without Quickbooks crashing, this week it has run without a problem.

    I look at the logs and the opensync logs don’t show any problems. They indicate that the open and fetch requests were made with no troubles. The quickbooks log shows that it didn’t shut down properly.

    I had the fetch set for once every 10 minutes, but last week when it was crashing I changed the fetch time to every 15 minutes. It was still crashing.

    There doesn’t seem to be any particular set of circumstances when it crashes, other than maybe Mars hasn’t aligned with Venus correctly. 😉

    This thread has been going on for several months and I don’t seem to be able to get any help from opensync so I’m just living with it until I can schedule time to write my own fetch routine with the QB SDK. (Main reason I went with opensync was the SDK is a mess to figure out!)

    I doubt any of this will help you, but if it happens to lead you in the right direction, then I’m glad I could help.

    #63550

    Joe Boughton
    Participant

    I would recommend overriding your QBXML to version 11 in opensync options – especially if you have a large customer list with many children – if nothing else for testing purposes. QBXML 11 queries certain tables, especially the customer table differently and more efficiently – worth a shot.

    #63552

    frank.gregory
    Participant

    Joe B – THANKS! I changed the setting and will see how it goes. I don’t have a huge customer table. My sales order and sales order line item tables are the two large ones I’m pulling from QB. I’ll post back here if this helps.

    #63731

    Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

    So, I was the one that originally opened this ticket. The problem still exists and I don’t have any way to resolve this issue for my client.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.