OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync opensync 3.0 where are my old settings

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

nathan1
    Participant

I just upgraded to opensync 3.0 , but my settings aren’t there. Can I import my 2.0 settings in here?

they should be imported automatically. that is odd

nathan1
    Participant

Earlier today I upgraded my 2.0 to a different 2.0 version that I hadn’t yet installed. That worked by importing my old settings. Then, I installed this 3.0 version for “Just Me” and my settings are not there. Then, I uninstalled and reinstalled. This time I chose Everyone instead of “Just Me” and the settings still didn’t import. There are no other settings on here for me to adjust to make it work during the installation.
    I wasn’t able to find any other folders, the only thing I have is C:\Program Files\Synergration\OpenSync
    Any other thoughts?

Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

How were you able to download version 3? I don’t know where to get the newer version?

Paul

Check this location for the log files: C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Local\Synergration\OpenSync

Direct link to download OpenSync V3: http://download.synergration.com/opensyncv3/opensync3.msi

nathan1
    Participant

Thank you for the folder info, I should have thought of that. So, in that folder is a blank xml file. Does that mean all my settings are gone? Does Open Sync do any backup when the 3.0 version gets installed? If all of my settings are gone, can I do something to link my current database back up or will I need to wipe out all data and start over?

nathan1
    Participant

I uninstalled 3.0 and installed 2 again. Now all of my settings are back. So you guys just need to fix the upgrade perhaps. I’m on win 7, maybe that’s why. Not sure but letting you know

if you installed OpenSync v3 long, when you did this you didn’t have the current configuration, then you installed OpenSync v2, now you change your configuration file. You go back and uninstalling OpenSync v2 and installing OpenSync v3. You won’t get the latest configuration file. We can definitely add a function where you can import the configuration file manually. So far it is doing automatically and just one time. it doesn’t matter which OS you are running in your computer.

Howard Katz
    SDN Member

I ran into the same problem yesterday, and it was a b_tch adding everything back in. You absolutely need this functionality as a core piece of the product.

What was the problem that you have?

Also, we have a new build, OpenSync v3 3.0.14
    Please uninstall current version first then install this new one.
    link: http://download.synergration.com/opensyncv3/opensync3.msi

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconveniences.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.