OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Inventory adjustment question

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dhamm 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mhammers
    Participant

I noticed when doing a inventory adjustment in QuickBooks the edit sequence number doesn’t change and so the quantity on hand doesn’t change when doing a refresh on the “iteminventory” table. Anyone one know what can be done with this?

Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask..

gofor26.2
    Premium Member

Hello There,

May I ask how you perform the inventory adjustment? I assume you’re using the OpenSync update to QB process and that you are updating with data from an external DB. I can’t find this info sufficiently explained. My problem is that I see an Inv Adj table and an Inv Adj Line Item table. The former has a status column and shows in OpenSync status window. The line item table, however, has no status column and no entry into the OS status window.

What fields in what tables do you populate to insert a new inventory adjustment?

Thanks so much. We do well to give each other user support since responses from OpenSync have for a very long while been few and far between.

Jim

dhamm
    Participant

Jim:
    When we do a physical inventory we make the updates in Quick Books (look at image attached).
    I have the sync program refresh tables in SQL Server. When doing an inventory update described above, the quantity on hand does change in Quick Books but it doesn’t change the edit sequence number which the sync programs uses as a flag to update that record when refreshing back to SQL Server. So my quantity on hand in my external database is wrong. The only I have found to get around this is after the Quick Books update I go into the part, click edit and then save and it changes the edit sequence number. I really don’t like this method..

Thanks and I hope this wasn’t to vague of a answer..

Mike H

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

gofor26.2
    Premium Member

Well, I see you’re problem, which unfortunately does not address mine. But as you have discovered, if updating the quantity on hand does not change the edit sequence, you have to open the item for edit to do so. That’s another one of countless data integrity errors with QB.

Have you tried altering the edit sequence in the database? For instance, if you subtract 1 from the edit sequence in the SQL database, it should cause it to update I would think. You could then maintain a list in the database of item names/numbers against which you run a stored procedure that decreases the edit sequence numbers for those items in the iteminventory table.

Jim

dhamm
    Participant

Not sure if that would be any quicker than just having them edit the part and save.

Thanks
    Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.