OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Intermittent Load to Quickbooks Issue

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 6 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

mark11
    Participant

I am running OpenSync 3.0.17 with QuickBooks Enterprise 2018. I am loading sales and credit memo transactions with OpenSync through an MS Access program. The Access program first loads sales transactions followed by the credit transactions. Generally, this works fine. But occasionally, the credit memo transactions hang up.

OpenSync is called using the Shell command which calls the opensync task. Example:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Synergration\OpenSync\OSRun.exe QBCreditMemo_Add

The problem is that intermittently, the credit memo transactions will not complete. OpenSync will not finish (I have a time out feature that will end the process). But if the user restarts the same set of transactions again, they will go through without error. The number of transactions cannot be the issue – this has happened with 6 sales transactions and 1 credit memo.

I need some ideas how to diagnose this problem. I have looked at the Quickbook and OpenSync logs – but I am unsure how to interpret the data. Any help would be appreciated.

I will need to see your log files right after the task fails. Can you send them please?

mark11
    Participant

Thanks Yudel. I’m not positive that the log files I have are immediately after the occurrence of the problem. So I will wait until the next time this occurs and then send the data.

Appreciate your help and quick response.

Do that please.
    Best Regards,

mark11
    Participant

Hi Yudel,

This issue described above occurred again – though I am unsure if this one was caused by a credit transaction. Attached are the Quickbook and OpenSync logs. Also attached is the Access error table created if there are errors in the quickbooks load (I converted it to an excel sheet).

Please let me know what you think is happening and what I need to do to correct.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

mark11
    Participant

Hi Yudel,

This issue described above occurred again – though I am unsure if this one was caused by a credit transaction. Attached are the Quickbook and OpenSync logs. Also attached is the Access error table created if there are errors in the quickbooks load (I converted it to an excel sheet).

Please let me know what you think is happening and what I need to do to correct.

Thanks.

Attachments:

I haven’t seen that error before. Can you run a full populate for salesreceipt tables please? I will run a rebuild/verify on that company file as well. Let me know how it goes please.

mark11
    Participant

Thanks for the response. Apologize for my delay – I was away.

I’m not clear on what you would like me to do. My MS Access application populates the SalesReceipt and SalesReceiptLineDetail tables. When there are credits, the creditmemo and creditmemolinedetail tables are also populated. My app then uses opensynch to transfer those records to QB.

Do you want me to run a full populate of salesreceipt moving data from QB to Access? You say “I will run a rebuild/verify on that company file as well” — which company file, since you do not have a copy of my company file?

Look forward to your response. Thanks again.

Mark

The one that you are working with.

mark11
    Participant

Hi Yudel,

The same problem occurred today. This time it appears the problem occurred with Sales transactions. I am attaching the Error_table (sent as excel), the qb and synergration logs.

The error_table is showing an error that states:

ValidateDependencies:Customer with an error description that the ticket_Parameter is invalid

I don’t know how to interpret this message. The next time we run this load into QB, we do not get the error.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks.

Mark

Attachments:

Hello Mark

I think that OSRunning.exe is trying to run that last task too soon, QB hasn’t recover from the task before. I will give more time between the tasks. That should fix it. Can you try that please?

Best Regards,

mark11
    Participant

Thanks. I will give this a try. Please suggest the amount of time delay – 2 seconds? 5 seconds? 10 seconds? Longer?

It will be difficult to determine if this works because this problem is intermittent.

Thanks.

I will do 5 mins.

mark11
    Participant

Hi Yudel

5 MINUTES! The QB API appears to be slow – but that slow?

What would QB be doing for that amount of time that would cause a problem. Are you suggesting that this is a QB issue or is it an OpenSync issue? If it is a QB issue, do you know of any benchmarks that indicate that QB would need that much time to complete processing a batch of sales transactions?

I can’t have my user waiting 5 minutes between loading sales transactions and credit transactions. That would not be acceptable. I will try a delay of 10 seconds and see if it makes an impact.

Mark

I think in this case the error is coming from the fact that QB is not having enough time get recovered. I will start from 5 mins and going down until to get the shorter time. You computer performances influence in this as well. Let me know how it goes please.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.