OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Frequent Company File Corruption

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Spencer Wall 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Spencer Wall
    Participant

We’ve been using OpenSync for a long time now with very few issues. We are using QuickBooks 2016 (latest update). We were running 2.0.73 beginning around November 2016, and just today upgraded to version 2.0.80 to see if that would solve some of the issues we’ve been having.

Since about March we’ve noticed a more frequent stream of errors in our Quickbooks Data; most notably, the Names List was getting itself out of order on basically a daily basis. We also had to repair our quickbooks file at least once every couple of weeks due to getting an unrecoverable error and/or seeing our data get associated to incorrect parent data.

Has opensync been known to corrupt quickbooks data under normal operation?

In theory, there is no way OpenSync should be able to corrupt a company file since it uses the QB API for all interaction with QB. We have never seen OpenSync cause the type of problems that you are referring to. We have seen many corrupt company files however. I hate to sound like an alarmist but from what you are describing, your company file could be a time bomb. I would recommend using a third party service to analyze and correct the problems in your company file. Here are two companies that we have worked with in the past:

AccountingUsers, Inc. – http://www.quickbooksusers.com
    QB or not QB – http://www.qbornotqb.com

Spencer Wall
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response. I suspected as much, but it’s good to get confirmation. We will look for other causes for the issue, and we may actually look into the service providers you’ve recommended.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.