OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Cleaning up an old DB

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 5 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

pspencer
    Participant

I’m an IT Support individual inheriting an issue with Opensync Errors. I’m basically looking for instructions on how to instruct Opensync to accept certain changes between DB/Quickbooks. Right now I’ve got 843 Errors on the table I’m trying to reconcile, when asking the actual users they instruct me that they just “solve the disparity by hand”. Meaning they manually update the Quickbooks/DB, but Opensync still keeps trying to reconcile this even after the data has been updated. Even if these errors are cleared they reappear on the next sync.

I realize the correct way to resolve this is to get to the root cause of every error but we’re a bit far down the rabbit hole to go fix each of these individually. Any advice would be appreciated.

Which version of QuickBooks are you running? Can you send your log files please?

pspencer
    Participant

We’re using QuickBooks 2013, log files incoming shortly. We have a test environment with QuickBooks 2017 with less errors but it’s exactly the same dataset, we pulled an old archive. Do newer Quickbooks work better with Opensync?

Yes, QuickBooks has improved its API. Which version of OpenSync are you running?

pspencer
    Participant

We’re on 2.0.57 in production.

you need to update. You can update to the latest version of OpenSync v2 or upgrade to OpenSync v3. let me know which one do you would like to do?

pspencer
    Participant

Thanks for your help, would updating require new licencing? I’m still making myself familiar with this client situation so I apologize if these are simple questions. I’m scheduling time to work on this on Tuesday, so please provide any documentation necessary so I can review later.

no if you update to latest version of OpenSync v2. But I will definitely recommend you to upgrade to OpenSync v3. It is up to you. No problem with the questions.

pspencer
    Participant

Where can I download the latest Opensync V2? We’re not moving forward with V3 just yet.

pspencer
    Participant

We have a test environment running with a newer version, the configuration utility is listed as 2.0.87 in the help tab. When I click start the window that opens claims 2.0.123. Do they have separate versions?

This is the direct link for th last version of OpenSync v2: http://download.synergration.com/opensync2.msi
    Which is OpenSync v2 2.0.84. Not .87. OSRunner who is the scheduling service is version 2.0.123.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.